Apple Pear Salad with Maple-Yogurt Dressing
A crisp fruited salad with a delicious dressing!
1. Place 1 cup chopped romaine on each plate; add 1/4 of the pears and 1/4 of the apples to each. Top with 1 Tbsp each shredded coconut and sunflower seeds.
2. Mix yogurt, maple syrup and salt in a small bowl. Top each salad with 2 Tbsp dressing.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.3 g
Saturated Fat 8.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 157.9 mg
Potassium 466.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 6.7 g
This salad features crunchy apples, sweet pears, toasted sunflower seeds and a dressing that is out of this world – creamy, sweet and salty.
This dressing would also be great on a sort of ambrosia salad – it is VERY versatile and super easy to throw together!
(Vegan, Gluten Free)
Recipe & image courtesy of Dawn Hutchins. For more information and recipes, visit Dawn’s blog at Florida Coastal Cooking
- 4 cups chopped romaine
- 2 fresh Bartlett pears, cored and chopped
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (Tree of life)
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground sea salt