Florida Law on Raw Milk Sales:
The sale of raw dairy for human consumption is illegal in the state of Florida. The state permits raw dairy sales for animal consumption in retail stores.
502.091 Milk and milk products which may be sold.
(1) Only Grade A pasteurized milk and milk products or certified pasteurized milk shall be sold to the final consumer or to restaurants, soda fountains, grocery stores, or similar establishments.
Florida Administrative Code
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES
CHAPTER 5D-1 MILK, MILK PRODUCTS AND FROZEN DESSERTS
5D-1.001 Documents Incorporated by Reference and Definitions (j) “Sold” means a transfer of milk or milk products that involves any direct or indirect form of compensation in exchange for the right to acquire such milk or milk products.
Raw Dairy at Native Sun
Although the sale of raw dairy for human consumption is illegal in the state of Florida, we are happy to provide our customers with ability to purchase raw dairy products for their animals. We sell raw milk and ungraded eggs for animal consumption in clearly labeled containers via independent coolers at both store locations.
Raw Dairy Recipe
Cheddar and Bacon Flavored Dog Biscuits
- 5 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1 Cup Raw Milk
- ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 10 Tablespoons Bacon Fat
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl and stir in milk, water, salt, and bacon fat until well blended. Gradually stir in flour to make dough.
3. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on the greased baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on racks.
5. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.